I try to describe all process of applying to Ukrainian university.
Foreign citizens, who do not speak Ukrainian, shall be accepted to Preparatory Departmnet at university for preparation for entering into higher educational establishments of Ukraine. Preparatory Department for foreign citizens conducts studies and issues certificates for entering higher educational establishments of Ukraine. Foreign citizens, who have completed the course but failed examinations, can return home or re-enroll in the course, if they are willing to.
Documents required for Invitation to study in Ukraine:
- a completed application in prescribed format;
- a copy of the passport first page (full name, citizenship, date of birth, passport serial number, permanent residence address);
- a copy of the certificate of complete general secondary education (translated into Ukrainian or Russian) and the grades/marks obtained in study disciplines; as well as the information on knowledge assessment system according to which the student is evaluated.
The University shall examine the provided documents and, if the documents meet the established requirements, shall send the original of invitation to study in Ukraine to the candidate and visa support to the Embassy of Ukraine.
In order to obtain entrance visa foreign candidate should contact the Embassy of Ukraine in his / her or nearby country (while filling in the application it is necessary to specify what country) providing completed visa application form and original invitation to study at Lviv Polytechnic National University. In addition to visa application and invitation letter the following documents should be also submitted:
- a passport;
- a certificate of the complete general secondary education with the list of studied disciplines and grades/marks;
- a general health medical certificate issued not earlier that two months prior the departure for studying in Ukraine;
- a medical certificate of AIDS test results;
- a copy of the birth certificate.
The education documents must be approved by the Department of Education of the country that issued the documents and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of this country. There must also be the notarized copy of educational documents translated into Ukrainian. While obtaining a visa, all above-indicated documents shall be legalized in the Embassy of Ukraine.
Foreign citizens, who received Ukrainian visa, must inform the University on the date of arrival and flight number so as to be ensured with the airport meeting.
In case of not providing the information on arrival and the absence of meeting representative of the University, foreign citizen shall be turned back from the airport back to his / her Motherland.