неділя, 5 квітня 2015 р.

How to enter in Ukrainian university if you are foreigner

I try to describe all process of applying to Ukrainian  university.

Preparatory Department 

Foreign citizens, who do not speak Ukrainian, shall be accepted to Preparatory Departmnet  at university for preparation for entering into higher educational establishments of Ukraine. Preparatory Department for foreign citizens conducts studies and issues certificates for entering higher educational establishments of Ukraine. Foreign citizens, who have completed the course but failed examinations, can return home or re-enroll in the course, if they are willing to.

Documents required for Invitation to study in Ukraine:

  • a completed application in prescribed format;
  • a copy of the passport first page (full name, citizenship, date of birth, passport serial number, permanent residence address);
  • a copy of the certificate of complete general secondary education (translated into Ukrainian or Russian) and the grades/marks obtained in study disciplines; as well as the information on knowledge assessment system according to which the student is evaluated.
The University shall examine the provided documents and, if the documents meet the established requirements, shall send the original of invitation to study in Ukraine to the candidate and visa support to the Embassy of Ukraine.
In order to obtain entrance visa foreign candidate should contact the Embassy of Ukraine in his / her or nearby country (while filling in the application it is necessary to specify what country) providing completed visa application form and original invitation to study at Lviv Polytechnic National University. In addition to visa application and invitation letter the following documents should be also submitted:
  • a passport;
  • a certificate of the complete general secondary education with the list of studied disciplines and grades/marks;
  • a general health medical certificate issued not earlier that two months prior the departure for studying in Ukraine;
  • a medical certificate of AIDS test results;
  • a copy of the birth certificate.
The education documents must be approved by the Department of Education of the country that issued the documents and legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of this country. There must also be the notarized copy of educational documents translated into Ukrainian. While obtaining a visa, all above-indicated documents shall be legalized in the Embassy of Ukraine.
Foreign citizens, who received Ukrainian visa, must inform the University on the date of arrival and flight number so as to be ensured with the airport meeting.
In case of not providing the information on arrival and the absence of meeting representative of the University, foreign citizen shall be turned back from the airport back to his / her Motherland.

Enter the University

To be admitted to the higher educational institution an international student should have secondary education certificate and satisfactory health state for habitation in climatic conditions of Ukraine and training in chosen specialty.
Foreign citizens who graduated from the higher educational institutions of foreign countries are entitled to continue the education in Ukraine on the basis of the documents that certify their education level.
To be admitted to postgraduate education program an international student should have higher education diploma and capability of conducting research.
Those who apply to postgraduate programs have to submit the list of publications, including the name of publisher, certified by the head of the institution, institution or organization in the workplace.
Students who have no publications have to submit scientific reports in their chosen specialty.
On admission to the doctoral program also:
-                     a detailed plan of the thesis for the degree of Doctor of Science;
-                     copy of the award of the degree of Candidate of Sciences (Ph.D. diploma).

Documents required for admission

1. statement addressed to the Rector of the University;
2. application form;
3. motivation letter.
4. documents about education and appendix with marks;
5. document given by a competent state body, that indicates the right of the candidate to continue studying at the educational establishments of that country where he/she has got a secondary education;
6. document that indicates getting of higher education with “Bachelor”, “Master” degree for candidates who would like to get “Master” degree or start post-graduate studying;
7. medical health certificate, certified by official body of health protection of the foreigner’s country and is issued at least for two months before leaving for Ukraine;
8. document certifying absence of HIV, in cases when other is not foreseen by international agreements of Ukraine;
9. insurance policy of getting urgent medical aids (except foreigners who have come from the countries which concluded with Ukraine agreement about free first aid);
10.  Passport;
11. 10 photos (3.5 x 4.5);
12. return open ticket which is valid during 1 year.
The documents in sub-item 4-8 should be certified in accordance with the legislation of the issuing country, translated into Ukrainian and notarized.
The documents should be sent to post address of NULES of Ukraine. 

Entry conditions to the territory of Ukraine

Once notified on admission to NULES of Ukraine a student is expected to personally submit his/her passport with entry visa, type “D”. Which is received at Ukrainian Embassy (not valid to countries with visa-free regime with Ukraine). Submitted applicant to obtain entry-visa at Ukrainian Embassy or at General Ukrainian Consulate provides documents:
-                     that are mentioned above;
-                     original invitation to education, issued by the University.
While crossing the Ukraine’s border, CIS citizens (if no visa required) should state “education” in “the purpose of visit” line of a migration card. This card must be registered with border passport control.

AttentionThe same documents candidate provides at the line of Ukrainian border crossing and on arrival at the University. Citizens of visa-free entry regime with Ukraine in completing the migration card at the port of entry in the "Purpose of entry to Ukraine" must provide "training"This card must be registered with the State Border ServiceThe card with the passport is provided to the University for registration after enrollment.

Немає коментарів:

Опублікувати коментар